The Wilco Silo Setter Trailer is used to help meet the need to reduce the footprint of equipment on job sites. A single Wilco Silo Setter Trailer can be used to transport and deploy multiple Lay-Down/Stand-Up (LDSU) silos, reducing the cost and square footage required to maintain a fleet of field bin storage trailers. The Wilco Silo Setter Trailer can be used in conjunction with several different sizes and models of Wilco’s LDSU silo product line and other LDSU silo makes.
SUSPENSION & CHASSIS:
The Wilco Silo Setter Trailer is equipped with tandem 50,000 lb (22,680 kg) air ride suspension with eight 11R22.5 tires mounted to steel wheels. A 2-1/2 inch (63.5 mm) kingpin couples the trailer to the tractor and 200,000 lb. (90,720 kg) landing legs support the trailer when not coupled to a tractor. All lighting is DOT approved LED.
WET KIT OPTION:
The Wilco Silo Setter Trailer can optionally be used with a hydraulic wet kit equipped tractor to power the hydraulic systems on the trailer or it can be equipped with its own diesel driven hydraulic power unit (HPU), negating the need for a dedicated tractor. Tractor wet kits should be capable of producing 23 gpm (87 Lpm) at 2000 psi (13.8 MPa) for similar operating characteristics to those of the Wilco Silo Setter Trailer with optional HPU.
The optional diesel driven HPU uses a 74 hp (55 kW) EPA compliant diesel engine of customer choice (standard power units are equipped with a Cummins® engine).
• 30 gal (113 L) aluminum fuel tank with fuel level indicator
• 120 gal (454 L) stainless steel hydraulic fluid reservoir complete with fluid level
• and temperature indicator,vented fill cap, suction strainer
• Hydraulic fluid filters
• Hydraulic pressure relief valve
• 23 gpm (87 Lpm) (@1800 rpm) gear pump directly coupled to the diesel
• engine providing continuous, reliable power to the trailer’s systems.
USE AS FLATBED:
Both the stationary and tilt beds are covered with steel tread flooring to allow the trailer to be used as a flatbed transport when not used for transporting and deploying silos. Stake pockets are also provided on both sides of the bed to ease in the securing of cargo.
The hydraulic systems that make up the Wilco Silo Setter Trailer are the tilt cylinders, locking cylinders and outriggers.
• The telescoping, tilt cylinders, capable of producing forces in excess of 100,000 lb.
• (444.8 kN) are used to deploy and load silos for transport.
• The locking cylinders have two stages.
1. Twin cylinders, located in the upper portion of the tilt bed run in tandem to lift the
1. silo in preparation to being laid down on the bed by the tilt cylinders. After the
1. silo is laid down in the transport position these twin cylinders can be used to slide 1. the silo forward on the trailer bed.
2. Once the silo is in transport position the second stage locking cylinder, located in
2. the lower portion of the tilt bed is used to lock the silo in place adding secondary
2. safety in securing the silo, should any tie downs malfunction.
• The third system making up the Wilco Silo Setter Trailer is the stabilizer system.
• The stabilizing outriggers are installed at the rear of the trailer behind the axles.
• The outriggers provide a wider base at the ground at the tilt bed pivot point. This
• prevents unwanted motion in the trailer while deploying or loading the silo.
All hydraulic controls are conveniently and safely located at a work station located at the front of the stationary bed on the road side of the trailer.
• Stationary flat bed length: 120” (10’) [3.05 m]
• Tilting flat bed length: 240” (20’) [6.1 m]
• Bed width: 102” (8’ 6”) [2.6 m]
• Overall trailer length: 487” (40’ 7”) [12.4 m]
• Overall trailer width: 102” (8’ 6”) [2.6 m]
• Overall trailer width (stabilizer legs deployed): 205.5” (17’ 1-1/2”) [5.2 m]
• Approximate trailer weight: 20,400 lb. (9,253 kg)
• Approximate trailer weight (with HPU): 23,600 lb. (10,700 kg)